When I started my blog, back in 2008, I was a deer in headlights. I had no idea where it would lead or if it would last but, one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to add a positive note to a tough period in many people’s lives. I was based in Los Angeles at the time, on relocation for an international real estate company, and the real estate market was beginning to shift downward. Our economy was in a downturn and we were all concerned for the future. I signed up for my blog on WordPress.com and Hello World! held future promise. I don’t regret it.
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran
Over the years, I have tweaked that first post and added some links to other posts… but my basic blog philosophy and raison d’être remain same. It is the first thing you read/see when you arrive at my blog and sometimes the only thing for some folk. I still believe that we all want to be heard, appreciated and respected and that an optimistic approach works best for this blog. The global economic shift vis a vis the economic downturn that started in 2007-08 is still with us. We have either learned to go with the flow, shift directions or stagnate. What would I change? Why? More below!
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” Mother Teresa
What would I change? Why? Whenever I revisit that first post, I am reminded that I didn’t pick a real blog name back then and eof737 made sense. Now it doesn’t. I closed off comments for reasons Facebook would describe as “complicated.” I don’t regret that. The rest I have made peace with and I’m glad that the optimism I shared in 2008 remains a focal point with this blog. Yes, I know the directive was to re-write our first post. I’m choosing to keep it as it is… until further notice. What are your thoughts? What would you change and why? Do you have advice to other bloggers on writing that first post? Do share! Thank you.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: Often, in hindsight, there are things we would tweak, change, or even abandon, but then there are times we’d just leave it alone. Take the time to consider why and then be at peace with it.
- Hindsight (artifactsandfictions.wordpress.com)
- Hindsight & Salt Water Lies (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- Daily Inspiration ~ December 5th (globallightmindsdailyinspirations.wordpress.com)
- Creationism Re-written:Daily Writing Prompt | Renato Vasconcellos David
- We Are NOT The Labels We Wear « Spirit Lights The Way
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight « Pride in Madness
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Hello World~ Again « The Cheeky Diva
- Hindsight: Forgiveness | Angelyn’s Crimes of Passion
- THE COST AND ITS CURE « hastywords
- Hindsight: Custom Interiors & Floors « Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight – A distance apart | March of the Gypsies
- A re-write from 4.8 years past « MindBlur
- Hindsight: WordPress Daily Prompt « Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- “…We sail tonight for Singapore, don’t fall asleep while you’re ashore” Tom Waits | Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugboat Captain’s Wife
- It Is Written « The Chatter Blog
- Vanilla Ice Cream–Revisited | SocietyRed
- Rewriting history… daily writing prompt « A barbaric YAWP across the Web
- Here we go again. | thematticuskingdom
- DP: Hindsight « Life of Me and Mine
- Difference Between Scattered-Brained and Diverse Intellect | Shadoza: In My World
- Salt Water Lies | rarasaur
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight | Bold Conversations
- Movements…Daily Prompt: Hindsight | Fight dis-ease! through Holistic Health
- TDP: Hindsight (And so it begins… Again) | jrwritesthings
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight | Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones
- As proud as a Grannie (or is it a pride of grannies?) | Seriously Seeking Grannies
- Hindsight | Artifacts and fictions
- Hindsight is a Beautiful Thing « Breathing Space
- Daily Prompt: Hindsight | Pam Tanzey, Artist
- A nod to who I was « Polyprotic Amory
- December 4: | Family, Photos, Food and Craft
- Hindsight: My Red Mary Janes « Miss Pelican’s Perch
- Don’t Mess with “Perfection” « eclectic camel
- With hindsight « Sue’ s considered trifles
- Rewrite your first post | Blatherskite
- Hello Friends! | Happy Clam
- t minus 108 days (re-write: HINDSIGHT) « one small grain of sand.
- Reflections: In Hindsight, Optimism Prevails… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Musings: On Peace… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: Be The Change… (eof737.wordpress.com)