“The only difference between me and a madman is that I’m not mad.” Salvador Dali
I’m Not A Poet… I Just Act Like One… And Bob’s my Uncle!
Flying pigs, flying pigs
I heard you exist.
I’d worry if chicken grow teeth
or cows sing a Gangnam Style hit…
Add more color to your life. All on a light note. The creative process isn’t so linear… I wanted to use this post to share how snatches of thoughts with a dash of color, add to the development of an idea, a post, or an artistic project. The work is never truly finished. What’s your take/observation? More below!
“Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.” Yogi Berra
Blue moon, Blue moon
I thought you were for real
Who knew you were a metaphor
for a rare romantic thrill
Juicy Jay, Tacky Tee
You no longer surprise me.
You’ve perfected the art of lying
So “go scratch” works fine for me
Oh, and Bob’s my Uncle!
Have a playful, restful weekend!
What are your thoughts? What do you hear when you truly listen to poetry? Do you write it or struggle with it? Does adding a touch of humor help you share difficult subjects? Do share! Thank you.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… Thank you all for your patience!
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Writing Challenge: A Splash Of Color For this Weekly Writing Challenge, we’d like to see you incorporate a splash of color into your posts. Need a few ideas to get started? Write a post inspired by a color:Titling a post “Blue” is likely to trigger some immediate emotions in your readers. They will expect the post to be about something sad or sorrowful, or maybe even related to a wedding (“Something borrowed, something blue”). The point is, colors trigger specific feelings and connotations. Take a color and use the feeling it evokes as a jumping off point for your story and see where it takes you.
Highlight color in a story or event: Good storytelling is in the details. Tell us a tale with a particular focus on your surroundings, using vivid and colorful language. At your family picnic last year, were the trees just green or were they just a vibrant green color that they almost seemed to glow like neon?
Insert color into your posts: Are you a painter, an artist, a handyperson, or into DIY projects? How about literally inserting a splash of color into your posts through photos, describing how the colors make you feel or the story behind your series.
Positive Motivation Tip: Poetry is not as easy to write as it seems… Follow your muse and keep an open heart and mind. Add color.
- Who are the Yogi Berras of other countries? (ask.metafilter.com)
- WPC’s: People are poetic… (thesophomoreslump2.com)
- A Misleading Misreading of T.S. Eliot (thelivingnotebook.wordpress.com)
- To You, Poet (insanebloom.wordpress.com)
- The poets are wrong of course. (objetsdevertu.wordpress.com)
- Atlantis Award Deadline Approaching! ” the poet’s billow (objetsdevertu.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: A Splash of Color (amaltaas.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: A Splash of Color (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Five Favorite Artists (fishofgold.wordpress.com)
- Image. Salvador Dali. (findsomeinspiration.wordpress.com)
- Musings: Color Me Poetic…? (eof737.wordpress.com)