“Man is a messenger who forgot the message.” Abraham Joshua Heschel
Grandmaster Flash – The Message (Live The Tube 1983)
Have you ever had a stranger come to you and tell you something that did not make sense at the moment, but you could not get it out of your mind? Have you ever had someone sit beside you at the bus or train and start talking to you? Curiously, what came out of their mouth was exactly what you needed to hear at that moment. Suddenly that messenger is no longer sitting beside you and you realize that you did not even ask them for their name. We wish to introduce you to “the messengers.” They are all around you. (p286) ” The Messengers” excerpted from Conversations with Angels: And So Be It by Dror B. Ashuah
What was the best sound you ever heard? Are there any sounds that immediately stir up memories for you? If so, what is it? The recent photo challenge got me thinking about NYC and some of the sounds/songs/messages ascribed to this fine city of ours. I also started thinking of all the messengers/angels/great souls I’ve met here in the years since I moved from across the pond to the USA. Plus, the WordPress weekly writing challenge: The Sound of Blogging is about sounds that trigger something in us. When we feel that tingling sensation that something odd, even magical is happening around us, we should pay attention because we live in a world that is but a veil away from the world of our ancestral spirits and the divine messengers; our angels.
Of course, that divinity is also in us and we do serve as angels or messengers to others. Once we tune out the noise, we hear the songs, sounds, and messages from our hearts with greater clarity. Perhaps that is why it is best to check ourselves before we speak to others; especially when we are upset… Why? So that we say what we mean not what we want others to hear or believe… Like great music, emotions have energy and so do those special messages. Hmmm mm. Have you received a comment or message from a stranger or given a message to someone that resonated deeply? More below!
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” Robert Frost
william de vaughn- be thankful for what you got (original)
We wish you to start listening to those messages. They come from spirit and they are designed to give you a hand and direct you through your journey. We see many of you who dismiss these messages as curious or as coincidences. We ask you not to dismiss anything as coincidence. At times, the angels work the night shift so they can play the right song on the radio that gives you a feeling. That feeling may be the key to a resolution for a question that you have been having in your relationships. (p286) ” The Messengers” excerpted from Conversations with Angels: And So Be It, by Dror B. Ashuah
Over the years, I have had similar experiences where a radio song or a word from a stranger provided the answer or clarity I needed for a situation. Like many, I too dismissed them as coincidental but I don’t anymore. Music carries deep messages in its lyrical nature; through words and sounds. Lately, I’ve been mulling over some career and personal decisions, and as I find that quiet place inside and the answers come together, a song has been lingering on my mind too. I hope you enjoy it. What about you? What messages have you listened to or ignored?
Have a spectacular week ahead! You are already a light on the path. What are your thoughts? Do you believe in messengers on our path of encouragement? When was the last time you felt a message was conveyed to you? What messengers have encouraged you in your life? What insights could you share with others? Do share! Thank you.
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Blogging
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track with reading and responding to your blogs; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: We are all messengers on the path to the self and we can/do help others. Our intentions become clearer as we walk the path. Help others thrive!
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos: via Wikipedia, Flickr or from Facebook/my personal collection.
- Facebook Messenger 1.9 comes with emoji and much more (tengize.wordpress.com)
- The Call of Prayer | CrackedJassim
- Projecting Sound « Anecdotal Tales
- Calling in the Cavalry « The Walking Plaster Dispenser
- A Missage | A Fair Hand
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Blogging | The Daily Post at WordPress.com « Emotfit’s Blog
- The sound of silence… | A barbaric YAWP across the Web
- And the sea breathes his name | Lesson Plan of a Comatose Teacher
- weekly writing challenge : the sound of blogging | bodhisattvaintraining
- Snap, snap, snap. | Daniel Koeker
- Things that go bump in the night … « « The Great Escape » Life from behind a lens
- A Journey Into The Mind | So There’s This Thing
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The beautiful sound of silence | perceptionsofareluctanthomemaker
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The Sound of Blogging | Colline’s Blog
- Homeschool by Ear: A Sound Study « Imperfect Happiness
- Musings: The Messengers… | Mirth and Motivation
- Daily Post Challenge: The Sound Of Blogging | Worth Doing Badly
- The clicky sound of the keyboard | pcora.wordpress
- Musings: The Messengers… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: Get Out Of Bed… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Shooting the messenger: DOJ takes forever to sue Gallup (riehlworldview.com)