“Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder…” E.B. White
The last wintry sign
Eager wasp sings on a bud,
“You are not happy because you are well. You are well because you are happy.” Emmet Fox
The first summer hum
curious bug checks the flowers
“To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
The last summer song
Dancing blooms share happy hues
“Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length” Robert Frost
We need a renaissance of wonder.
We need to renew, in our hearts and
in our souls, the deathless dream,
the eternal poetry,
the perennial sense that
life is miracle and magic. E. Merrill Root
Summer Haiku: Happiness Abounds in Nature… I hope you enjoyed my brief foray into the succinct world of haiku. Perhaps this month, I’ll work on being brief again…. Enjoy the Olympics. Congrats to all winners! Congrats especially to my girl, Gabby Douglas, who reminded me how powerful effort, combined with grace, can be. On another note, recently, I decided to enter a fun photo contest. I am a novice but I’m enjoying the process. Please check out my submission and support me through the “collect me” feature which is similar to a Like button. Click “Collect Me” to help my entry in the One Life Photography Competition via eliz obih-frank. Hey, submit your photos too. Thank you! Have a blessed day!
What are your thoughts? How does happiness abound in your surroundings? What do you do to maintain that sense of wonder? What tips would you offer? Do share! Thank you.
*Please bear with me as I catch up on your blogs and commenting… I’m back on track with reading and responding to your blogs; albeit at a slow pace. Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: Nature says in landscape and color what man says in 1000 words. Relax and enjoy!
- Haiku Review: *The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao* (westernqueensland.wordpress.com)
- For The Love Of Haiku – 6 (allaboutlemon.com)
- summer haikus (writinginsidevt.com)
- Celebrate! haiku (lessandragr.wordpress.com)
- Haiku Heights: Forget-Me-Nots (hibernationnow.wordpress.com)
- Occupations In Haiku (Humorous)(poemsandponderings.wordpress.com)
- The Seasons in Haiku(poemsandponderings.wordpress.com)
- Writing Haiku (dewdropworlds.wordpress.com)
- Happy Ending Haiku (andrewbrobyn.wordpress.com)