“An affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change.” Louise L. Hay
Affirmations are like seed planted in soil. Poor soil, poor growth. Rich soil, abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work. Louise L. Hay
Do you believe in affirmations? Do you start your day with affirmations and prayers? As Louise Hay explains in the quote above, affirmations are seeds we plant for ourselves with words we choose to use daily; they can be negative or positive seeds. If we want positive results from our affirmations, we must repeat them several times a day, some suggest 50-100 times daily, ideally in front of a mirror. We could also write them down in a journal/notebook and then, each day, choose an affirmation and write it down about 15-20 times; over and over again throughout the day.
• We deserve peace and abundance. We are worthy. Only good meets us at the door of our heart.
“Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
The goal of an affirmation is to bring us, and others, a positive outcome, peace and abundance. But we must stay the course of making a positive difference in our lives. Affirmations are like a muscle, the more we use them, the stronger the expected results. Anything we do consistently and with conviction soon bears fruit… and that fruit might take 3-6 months or more to mature. I’ve added seven affirmations to this post. (you may replace We with I) Enjoy them with an open heart.
• We rise above the limitations of our past. We are present and fully engaged in our blessings.
• We answer in the affirmative to all the good around us. All our needs and desires are met.
“Constant repetition carries conviction.” Robert Collier
If you’ve lived, you’ve had your share of disappointments and hurts and they can take a toll on the human psyche. Even a mean word expressed in anger has tremendous energy behind it. If we can refrain from using those words on ourselves and others, the release will bring a lightness and joy to our space. We can start our day by standing in front of a mirror and repeating some of the inspirational affirmations included in this post or any you have written or culled elsewhere. One affirmation a day will suffice.
• We are the embodiment of love and it flows into the world like a tidal wave.
• We choose events and outcomes that invite uplifting opportunities into our lives. We are more than the sum of our experiences.
“Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.” Jim Rohn
Like all things that hold value in life, affirmations coupled with discipline help us achieve our goals. However, we must move our feet first and act with confidence and faith… When I started writing this blog, I had no idea where or what it would yield. The first couple of years were extremely demanding as blog friends, traffic and ideas came and went; surely as night becomes daylight. We learn to become steady and not pulled by shifting winds.
• We are kindness and goodness personified. Every good deed we do makes us stronger and blesses the earth.
“I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.” Muhammad Ali
Mohamed Ali believed he was the boxing champion of the world and for years he was… We can invoke the power and blessings of affirmations to help us overcome obstacles and lethargy. This is not WooWoo magic but commonsense principles of living that work. What are your thoughts? Do you use affirmations? How have they helped in your life? How do you spend and use your time? Do share! Thank you.
• We’re aware of the impact our words have on others, and resolve to no longer spread a message of darkness but one of light.
Please bear with me as I continue to catch up on your blogs and commenting…Thank you all for your patience!
Positive Motivation Tip: Enjoy an affirmation a day; one you create or find. Cherish them all!
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All photos from my Personal Collection
- How we start our day is often how we live our lives. (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- Louise Hay’s 12 Commandments – How To Love Yourself (jamiesmithcoaching.wordpress.com)
- 3 secret tips on creating the proper affirmations (slavicabogdanov.com)
- My Embarrassing Affirmation Confession (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)
- Introducing Louise L. Hay (utesmile.wordpress.com)
- Asperger’s and Positive Thinking/Affirmations (motheringaspergers.wordpress.com)
- “Why do we keep living in fear and blocking our blessings?” (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- Where do you live – in “positiveville” or “negativecity”? (myviewandopinion.wordpress.com)