Weekly Photo Challenge: Together…

27/04/2012

“A year, ten years from now, I’ll remember this; not why, only that we were here like this, together.” Adrienne Rich

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together... It all begins with us...

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together...

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together...

I’ve been under some stress of late that has left me wondering about how we humans treat each other, in personal and professional relationships, and why. Then I came to the blogging community today and was reminded of what makes WordPress a great home for us. We work on these challenges together and support each other and, like the animals shown above, we care. Thank you all!

“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together... Kelly Rowland in concert

Concerts are another way we get together to make a joyful sound and enjoy the company of artistes we love. If we could find ways to remember the happy, expectant spirit we bring to a concert, and carry that over to our interactions with each other in the world, it would make a huge difference; deception and disregard leave everyone feeling bruised and disillusioned… This week’s challenge is truly a gift.  More below! :-)

“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together... Graduation

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together...

Celebrations and other types of fun events/outings pull us together, and teach us how to enjoy a space without dominating or ruining it for others… Nothing beats the fun and joy of a graduation ceremony, a birthday party, or the sheer pleasure we get from going to our favorite store or museum. As Archbishop Tutu suggests above, we can only be human together and so we must make the best effort to honor and respect our time on this planet.

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together... We enjoy food...

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together...

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together

Weekly Photo Challenge: Together... Indulge.

Preparing and eating food is another terrific way we get together; we do it for celebrations, holidays, reunions, and just for the fun of having company. I grew up in a community where feeding your guests was sacrosanct. If you had someone in your home and they left without eating even a piece of fruit, it was seen as the biggest insult. We use food to nourish our bodies and to nurture our relationships… Share a meal this weekend!  Enjoy your weekend! :-)

Hope you enjoyed this! What are your thoughts? What photos depicting Together did you find? Was it easy/hard to find photos that made sense of your views on the subject? Were you drawn to certain types of photos for the prompt? Do share? Thank you! :-) ;-)

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. I listed several via Zemanta below. (I will update it and add more). We all appreciate trackbacks/ping-backs and LIKES from fellow bloggers too! Check out how others interpreted the theme – Together – below. ***

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Together. This should be a simple challenge for most of you – find a picture of people or things which are together in your picture. Share a picture that means TOGETHER to you!

Positive Motivation Tip: Together we can accomplish more… Together we feel the warmth of support from everything around us. Connect!

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. 28/04/2012 12:11 am

great photos :-)

• 28/04/2012 12:15 am

TY! I will add more soon… I just had to get it out on schedule. Have a great weekend! :-)

2. 28/04/2012 12:34 am

Great selection of photos there. Cheers for the pingback!

3. 28/04/2012 12:55 am

Creative choices…I liked the bowl of fruit. Unexpected! :-) Debra

• 01/05/2012 7:30 pm

Glad you liked it… It was in the kitchen and I saw how the fruit looked good together and took a few photos of it. :-)

4. 28/04/2012 1:00 am

Lovely inspiring post!

5. 28/04/2012 1:14 am

“Preparing and eating food is another terrific way we get together” – we often have 6-8 friends for diner and making music together …

6. 28/04/2012 1:35 am

Love your thoughts and photo on this week’s theme, Elizabeth :-) they’ve put me in the right frame of mind for a few things…

• 01/05/2012 7:32 pm

TY! I’m glad to help in anyway I can… Your feedback helps me too; Reciprocity. ;-)

7. 28/04/2012 2:31 am

A lovely harvest of togetherness! Interesting monkeys with such a big difference in colour in the same species :-)

8. 28/04/2012 3:41 am

Great thoughts and photo’s! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Liked that you pointed out the relationship between togetherness, hospitality and eating. Very familiar :D

• 01/05/2012 7:34 pm

TY and I appreciate your feedback… yes it is an important relationship too. ;-)

9. Freedom, by the way permalink
    28/04/2012 3:41 am

You certainly pulled this post “together” beautifully! Love the photos, quotes.

10. 28/04/2012 3:46 am

Nice challenge. I like animal’s shots.

11. 28/04/2012 3:59 am

I thoroughly enjoyed this post and looking through all of the pictures. As usual, BRAVO!

12. 28/04/2012 4:24 am

Beautiful entries that really show the meaning of together.

13. 28/04/2012 5:03 am

I like the way photojournalists have been featuring animals of different species caring for one another. It must be innate–to take care of another living creature. Why is it so difficult for humans? I loved looking at the animal photos.

• 01/05/2012 7:36 pm

Yes, I noticed same for this challenge… what does it say about humans? :lol:

14. 28/04/2012 5:42 am

A great set of photos, with my favorite being “Indulge” :-)

15. 28/04/2012 5:49 am

Lovely pictures and interpretations Eliz! Love the first one! And we chose the same quote!

16. 28/04/2012 7:33 am

Love the pictures and the positively charged words

17. babs50nfab permalink
    28/04/2012 7:55 am

Great shots Elizabeth! I hope your stress eases soon.
    b

• 01/05/2012 7:39 pm

It will and has somewhat… I needed to step back from a situation and feel clearer now. TY for asking. :-)

18. 28/04/2012 9:53 am

Wow! Great pictures Elizabeth! I will completely agree with your words; eating food is the best way to get together. Thanks for this post.

• 01/05/2012 7:39 pm

TY! Food is a great conversation booster and we enjoy it with others. :-)

19. 28/04/2012 10:00 am

There is so many possibilities for together. Great pictures.

20. 28/04/2012 12:07 pm

my fave of all your photos is rhinos at rest: they look so content laying together in the sun!
    Sorry to hear your week has been stressful and hope the next one is less so. You’re so right about the sense of community here at wordpress though…no matter what frame of mind I’m in, reading the blogs I follow always puts me in my happy place!
    have a nice rest of the weekend, eliz!

21. 28/04/2012 12:08 pm

Love the addition of the food and music. Togetherness all around!

22. 28/04/2012 12:50 pm

wonderful “together,” especially “Together… we enjoy food .. :D

23. Bree permalink
    28/04/2012 1:59 pm

The face of that content monkey made me smile. We all crave good company, and when we are able to be together with those we love, we are blessed.
    B

24. 28/04/2012 3:54 pm

A lovely selection of shots for the theme Elizabeth. Your fruit bowl has the same contents as mine! I love the top shot – the activity always means caring for each other to me, which is what togetherness is really all about.

Cupcakes……….. they’ve really only recently arrived here……….. way to fattening for anyone’s good if you ask me! :lol:

25. 28/04/2012 4:23 pm

Amazing entry! Love the flamingos and graduation photos :)

26. 28/04/2012 4:47 pm

Great entry! :)

27. 28/04/2012 4:55 pm

Wonderful and so together! :) Thanks!!

28. 28/04/2012 8:52 pm

Amazing line-up of photos, Eliz! And I had trouble thinking of ONE! Beautiful photos! I see places I’ve wanted to visit! Food that looks so yummy……music…all the things I love. And most often done together with others.
    Wonderful thoughts as always, Eliz. Awesome interpretation of the theme! Thanks for the ping back too. ;)

• 01/05/2012 7:45 pm

TY Judy! I’m glad to connect with you. I enjoyed your entry too. :-)

29. 29/04/2012 12:00 am

great “Together”

30. 29/04/2012 7:44 am

True love is picking parasites off of one another. :) I love that first photo, especially.

• 01/05/2012 7:47 pm

:lol: I had a good laugh over your comment… that is so true and so funny! TY! :-)

• 01/05/2012 9:24 pm

If you thought my comment was cute, you should listen to the song I was thinking of as I was looking at your photo. This is what inspired the comment. I’m glad you got a laugh … that’s what life’s all about. :) Enjoy the song.

31. 29/04/2012 8:49 am

Great photos and interpretation of “together” as always!

32. 29/04/2012 10:14 am

Love the “togetherness.” Why are monkeys grooming each other like the cutest thing ever. :)

33. 29/04/2012 5:35 pm

A thoughtful photo journal.
    ~Anne

34. 30/04/2012 1:43 am

I love the Lego shop!

• 30/04/2012 1:52 am

Me too! It was quite colorful and interactive which made for a lot more fun. TY! :-)

35. 30/04/2012 8:08 am

Good selection of photos for the theme “together”.

36. thirdhandart permalink
    30/04/2012 9:42 am

Love your entry Elizabeth! Beautiful captures!

37. 30/04/2012 11:49 am

Love the animal shots . . . “just as long as we’re together, it doesn’t matter at all.” :D

38. Words We Women Write permalink
    30/04/2012 6:23 pm

There’s no denying..together we can accomplish more. It’s what I love about bring part of a group. Your take on this theme is genre-bending!
    Toni

39. Words We Women Write permalink
    30/04/2012 6:24 pm

oops, being part of a group :)

40. Ayin C. permalink
    01/05/2012 9:42 pm

Thanks for the pingback! :)

41. 02/05/2012 1:48 am

yesterday I shot this photo: whites, dancing tango for two on an auto-scooter …

• 03/05/2012 11:47 am

Okay TY! I will check it out but hope you don’t mind that I remove the link… I generally do on post comments lately.. :-)

42. Cheryl permalink
    02/05/2012 4:36 am

Thank you for the pingback!

43. 02/05/2012 1:05 pm

Great collection. Love the animal pics especially. Do you mind if I add my interpretation of together – my precious girls. I have been devastated by the loss of Sammie – this was their last picture together, so adorable curled up on the couch.

• 03/05/2012 11:53 am

Oh, I am so sorry about the loss of one of your pets… My sympathies go out to you. I will add your link to my related articles on the post. TY for sharing it Anita! Blessings.

44. 03/05/2012 2:48 am

An inspiring collection that celebrate “togetherness” in the most fun and meaningful way. Beautiful photos that lights up the screen. Thank you. take care…

• 03/05/2012 12:15 pm

TY Island T! Glad to see you here… You must be exhausted from your travels… I love the photos you’ve been sharing with us. Be blessed! :-)

45. 03/05/2012 11:46 am

All for one and one for all is a condition I pray for every hour of every day! I travel on this spiritual quest with my critters at my blog all the time. Working together with inspired synchronicity is a dream, a vision, a purpose, we need to hold every before us.

• 03/05/2012 12:16 pm

Same here… we live peacefully when we respect the rights of others to do same. I agree with you. :-)

46. Jackie Paulson permalink
    03/05/2012 8:00 pm

I WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE PINGBACK, AND know I love you with all my heart.

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « Flickr Comments by FrizzText
  2. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together | Blog Kemaren Siang
  3. Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey Together | Junior Highschoolers’ Journey Together | Blog Kemaren Siang
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge: TOGETHER (The Ducks at Firwood Lake) « Pictures in living color
  5. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « Missionary IOU 差 情 尋
  6. What We Can Do Together « Simply Charming
  7. NEARING THE END OF APRIL 2012 : DAY TO DAY SIGHTS « 2012 – ON THE BENCH
  8. Weekly Photo Challenge : Together « Cheryl Andrews
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together (Zebra Mare & Foal) « ANNE FREEMAN IMAGES: Art of the Outdoors
  10. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together | Cardboard Me Travels
  11. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « Ruth E Hendricks Photography
  12. Weekly Photo Challenge – Together « My 2012 Photo Challenge
  13. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « The Life And Times Of A Dreamer
  14. weekly photo challenge: together, with best friends « 3rdculturechildren
  15. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond…
  16. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together | Running Naked With Scissors
  17. Weekly Photo Challenge Together | Project 365 Challenge in 2012
  18. Weekly Photo Challenge: Together | atreegrowsinbklyn
  19. Bottles: Weekly Photo Challenge (Together) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL
  20. Daily Mentions: Throw your fears away! | iPhotoloGy
  21. Weekly Photo Challenge: TODAY… | Mirth and Motivation
  22. Weekly Photo Challenge: CREATE… | Mirth and Motivation

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,695 other followers