Weekly Photo Challenge: Through…

23/03/2012

“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” Maya Angelou

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... a Church passageway in France

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... A gateway in Cambridge

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. Buddha

Throughout our lives, we spend quite a chunk of time walking through entryways/throughways/doorways; both symbolic and real. Each entrance or doorway opens a new vista for our journey through life. Sometimes those doorways are dead-ends that force us to retrace our steps or dubious doorways planted to distract us from our goals. Then there are those magical, massive gateways that help us take our game to the next level… we all go through these experiences for our own growth. The throughways I’ve shared in this post were taken in many venues; each a small representation of the pathways we meet in life.

“Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth.” Khalil Gibran

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... A Red doorway via Willem the Conqueror's home

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... the botanical garden tunnel

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! Bob Marley

One of the greatest things about walking through a door/gate/entry way is that we never know what to expect on the other side; perhaps we might have an inkling that keeps us excited but we never know the full unfolding future that awaits us. Of course, when it is good we are thrilled. When it isn’t, hopefully, we gain some wisdom by learning an important lesson.

“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... a modern art museum

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... A red gate in Caen

One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular. Tony Robbins

Just like the joy a mother experiences when her new born baby completes his/her journey through the birth canal, we also rejoice when we walk through a door that helps us achieve a precious goal… We might even go through a christening by fire to accomplish our dreams but it’s worth the wait. More below. ;-)

“Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.” George Bernard Shaw

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... Willem the Conqueror's home

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... the metropolitan museum hallway

“Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” Anais Nin

Years ago, I imagined that at a certain age, life would be settled; I’d have a life of leisure, and a chance to see the world at the drop of a hat. Like many others, I’ve been through some remarkable life changes and while some were hard and others easy, I wouldn’t give them up for anything in the world. We build our humanity through our life experiences…

“If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.” Henry Miller

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... entrance to Tapisserie de Bayeux

Weekly Photo Challenge: Through... entrance to Bronx Botanical garden

It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through. Zig Ziglar

At the end of the day, what matters is that we dared to go through life creating new memories and experiences, and embracing the opportunities that came our way. Unless we go through those doorways, we’ll never fully grasp what we could truly be or become.
Hope you enjoyed this! What are your thoughts? What photos depicting Through did you find? Was it easy/hard to find photos that made sense of your views on the subject of Through? Were you drawn to certain types of photos for the prompt? Do share? Thank you! :-) ;-)

My fellow bloggers were equally creative with their selections. I listed several below. I appreciate TRACKBACKS/PINGBACKS & LIKES from fellow bloggers too! Check out how others interpreted the theme THROUGH below. ***

This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Through. Share a picture that means THROUGH to you!

Positive Motivation Tip: Whether we want to go through a doorway or not, we will be guided through many in our lifetime. Enjoy the journey.

PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.

1. 24/03/2012 12:15 am

Oh, no positive tip today? Just kidding Eliz! My favorite photos are the red door and the red gate . . . red always an eye catcher and wonderful to go through. Thanks for taking us through the tour. It was lovely. :)

2. 24/03/2012 12:18 am

A lovely post and great pictures. I’m still on the look out for a “through”photo.

Lorraine :-)

3. 24/03/2012 1:02 am

Lovely pictures! My favourite though is “Through… A red gate in Caen”

• 24/03/2012 2:09 am

Glad to hear from you PiP! I’ll be round to complete reading your blog. TY! :-)

4. 24/03/2012 2:04 am

You had a wonderful photos and inspiring message as well!

5. 24/03/2012 2:07 am

Beautiful ‘through’ photos. I love the Bob Marley quote.

• 24/03/2012 2:10 am

I love the Marley quote too… So true to life as we know it. TY! :-)

6. 24/03/2012 3:41 am

thank you, Eliz, for your always positive mood:
    “Whether we want to go through a doorway or not,
    we will be guided through many in our lifetime.”
    P.S.:
    I often had to enter bad rooms through bad doors –
    and often they tried to block me from escaping there …

7. 24/03/2012 4:01 am

Nice pictures!Love the ‘Red Gate in Caen’!

8. 24/03/2012 4:13 am

Lots of great pictures in your collection, and very apt for the theme..;)

9. 24/03/2012 4:21 am

Thanks for the pingback

10. 24/03/2012 4:22 am

I love your pictures. You’re absolutely right about going through life.

Also, I love walking through doorways and seeing something magnificent and unexpected on the other side.

11. 24/03/2012 4:52 am

Lovely photos choices. I think the first one. Despite being an atheist, there is something about the architecture of churches I like.

12. 24/03/2012 5:10 am

They are great architecture. Cool. :)

13. 24/03/2012 6:29 am

I love the red gate in Caan but they are all beautiful.

14. 24/03/2012 7:36 am

Great shots!
    Here’s a award for your blog:

Have a great day! :)

15. 24/03/2012 7:56 am

Congratulations. I have nominated this blog for the Versatile Blogger Award.

Go to http://living4bliss.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/versatile-and-inspiring-more-awards/ to claim your award.

16. 24/03/2012 8:17 am

Wonderful entry for the weekly challenge, and wonderful photos….I love them all; It’s good to remember Maya Angelou’s quote.

17. babs50nfab permalink
    24/03/2012 8:18 am

Beautiful! Love the church in France. Your photo collection is so expansive it blows my mind.
    b

18. Bree permalink
    24/03/2012 9:00 am

Awesome photos! What is a pingback? I enjoyed your writeup too. They are all favorites, ;-)
    B

19. 24/03/2012 9:20 am

Wonder photos and examples of through. I also loved your caption in regards to having a catcher’s mitt on both hands … very true! Great post! Thanks for sharing. ;)

20. 24/03/2012 10:03 am

Love the Angelou quote Elizabeth! Wonderful group of photos!

21. 24/03/2012 11:06 am

Great collection of photos, quotes, and your own words to inspire us, my Friend. I love the one by Robbins and Shaw. Have used Angelou’s on one of my post so I love it as well. Great interpretation of the theme. Enjoyed it!! :-)

22. 24/03/2012 1:16 pm

WOW!! Beautiful. Each photo was tantalizing.

23. 24/03/2012 1:56 pm

So many great shots! I’m fascinated by the smashed stone wall at William the Conquerors home!

24. barb19 permalink
    24/03/2012 2:24 pm

Love your “through” pictures Eliz, especially the red door in Caen!
    I’m still looking through my pics for a “through” one!

25. 24/03/2012 3:37 pm

Oh Eliz…you do everything so eloquently. I love each and every one of your photos. Such amazing portals you’ve been through! The church in France (first photo…is stunning!)
    The quotes are so perfect. I loved every one of them, I especially favor Eleanor Roosevelt and Maya Angelou. Bob Marley’s was awesome too.
    And most of all, your own words are just superb…..spot on. You have a way of touching each of us with your meaningful text and inspiring us in so many ways.
    PS…thanks for the pingback too.

26. 24/03/2012 6:14 pm

Love the photos and the message. You’re right Elizabeth. “Unless we go through those doorways, we’ll never fully grasp what we could truly be or become.” We have to walk through the doorways of opportunities that cross our paths to fully live our lives.

27. 24/03/2012 8:45 pm

You have taken the challenge to the max. So many doorways and archways. I love the analogy of walking through doorways as moving on to another chapter in our lives.

28. 25/03/2012 2:32 am

Your post never fails to inspire me my friend. The words genuinely heartfelt and has so much life lessons to learn. Not only are the photos beautiful but the words are just as breathtaking. Thank you. I wish you all the best…

29. 25/03/2012 9:24 am

Great photos and great post!

30. 25/03/2012 10:14 am

Tunnels and doorways… they are the paths of our life that make us grow up, learn new things… They are the transition, which is the hardest part really to go through, because it’s dark and we never know where it will lead us… Beautiful photos for this week’s challenge!

31. 25/03/2012 10:18 am

Never had these thoughts when walking through a doorway! Now i will! Always like your collections of photos.

32. 25/03/2012 7:22 pm

Wow, I love your selection, Elizabeth! Great shots.

33. 25/03/2012 11:36 pm

Particularly good selection of photos today :)

34. 27/03/2012 10:50 am

Fantastic photo choices for this challenge! Don’t know if I have a favorite, but I like the first one and the red door at Willem the Conquerer’s house a lot! Great quotes included with the post, as well! Thank you for sharing both… :)

• 27/03/2012 8:30 pm

TY for your feedback. I love those too and took several photos of the red door… It had quite intricate metalwork on it and I wanted to capture that. :-)

35. 28/03/2012 1:40 pm

We SEE through; we WALK through; we DRIVE through; we DREAM through here with you in this splendid meeting of the “through” weekly photo challenge. Whee—–eeeee!

36. 28/03/2012 2:56 pm

Wonderful series, Elizabeth. :)

37. 28/03/2012 8:13 pm

Thank you for this post, Eliz. Apart from the great selection of pictures I enjoyed all the quotes you included as well as all your thoughts about it.
    At the end of my life I would like to say that every stage of my life was important. We all go through a lot of different stages. We once drove through the Mont Blanc Tunnel. with trucks going in both directions. That was one experience I wouldn’t like to repeat. But on our world travels we went through many gates that led us to very enjoyable life experiences, be it museums, churches, botanical gardens or adventure parks. It was all worthwhile. Even the experience with the tunnel was worthwhile in the end. We did get a bit sick from the fumes, but soon revovered. And we had the experience to arrive in a completely new country and explore it.
    In WIKIPEDIA I found pictures about the Mont Blanc Tunnel. Sorry, I don’t know how to insert the pictures here.

38. 30/03/2012 11:39 am

nice collection of doorways and tunnels. . . the church pathway and red door really capture me, stunning.

39. Narelle Smith permalink
    30/03/2012 1:47 pm

Hi Eliz

You are writing as much as ever. I don’t know how you do it.

40. 31/03/2012 10:28 pm

Your thoughts always inspire me with words that I can totally relate too. Life is a gift, it is is meant to be lived to the fullest possible way we know how. It is meant to be shared, to give back, to be celebrated through our day to day dealings with family and friends. I love these thoughts, ” Like many others, I’ve been through some remarkable life changes and while some were hard and others easy, I wouldn’t give them up for anything in the world. We build our humanity through our life experiences…” Indeed we do my friend. Thank you and God bless you always…

1. WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: Through – woven decor
  2. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « Changeversations
  3. Through a Tart Pan, Sprightly | Cardboard Me Travels
  4. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « Ruth E Hendricks Photography
  5. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « The Incredible Lightness of Seeing
  6. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through | Stories of My Wandering Feet (& Mind)
  7. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « 3rdculturechildren
  8. Sea Through: Weekly Photo Challenge (Through) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL
  9. Weekly Photo Challenge: Through | Thinking aloud….

Your Comments are Always Appreciated. Thank You!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,805 other followers