I love sunsets even though I used to wonder how photographers captured them. Whenever I saw a magnificent sunset, I would sit in awe and watch it till it faded away. Sunset are mysterious and deep; often strewn with myriad colors ranging from gold, to red, to orange and even to the darkest purple. Sunsets are full of promise; reminders that what diminishes, grows back, returns another day. But, does it return the same?
“Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” Elbert Hubbard
When I look through my photo folders, I notice forms and figures, people, places and endless things… But where is the sunset? Where are the elements that keep us hopeful and grateful to mother nature? Where are nature’s grand gifts; sunrise, sunset, the weather, the galaxies… Sadly, my files are filed with photos of adventures and things. Most of us capture the faces and places that sparkle before us when we are on vacation, on a a pilgrimage, or in the neighborhood. The sunset shots will come later..
“Happiness is a Swedish sunset; it is there for all, but most of us look the other way and lose it.” Mark Twain
As per my shots, they were taken on two days. Day 1 was gray and cold. day 2 was bright and sunny. I tried to remember the tips I saw in nolagirlatheart’s blog. She had a YouTube video that was quite helpful. Even though I don’t know what a Swedish sunset is, I do like the quote by Twain. Yes, the sun shines and sets on all of us, but what is the Swedish part to the quote? Let me know. Hope you like these… Come back for more later.
On a sad note, Steve Jobs Co-founder of Apple Inc passed away today, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. My condolences go out to his family. He was a visionary and a man of action… His pioneering spirit will be missed.
“Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever.” Horace Mann
Now that I have ventured into the world of sunsets, I will practice taking more. Nothing beats the beauty of a setting sun. Nothing is more magnificent than capturing one brilliantly… What are your thoughts? Was it easy/hard to capture your sunset shot? Do you like sunsets or sunrises? Was this prompt fun? Do share? Thank you!
This post was inspired by a prompt from WP Daily Post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset
Positive Motivation Tip: With every sunset comes a sunrise. Don’t despair… Cherish the good and it will return.
- Weekly photo challenge: Sunsets (stanleydankoski.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (mdcphotographs.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (consumerjournaldotnet.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (wallpaper) (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (atelierzisiadou.wordpress.com)
- Photo Challenge ~ Sunset (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Spoonbill Sunset (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (1) (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Sunsets and Sunrises (growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (aartigarde.wordpress.com)
PHOTO CREDITS/ATTRIBUTIONS: All Photos from my personal collection.